Sunday, December 2, 2018

Image Search -- Module 12

I chose to use Google images for the image search.  I searched for Information literacy and fake news.  I searched each word separately and then searched them together.  Each way I came up with a variety of images. 




Non filtered images using the terms information literacy and fake news.

When I selected tools on the far left the drop down for usage rights appeared.  When I selected usage rights and “labeled for noncommercial reuse the images changed.  I think it is very important for people to understand usage rights especially when using images.  We have access now to so many things.  Usage rights of art and images can easily be overlooked when people are creating things such as flyers or anything that could potentially be shared with a large group of people.  It is important to select images that you have permission to distribute.   The drop down for license rights is very useful. 





I found that most of the images were not relevant to my search when I filtered them for noncommercial use. 





I found one image that I felt represented the concept of information literacy and fake news. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Information Retrieval -- Course Reflection

The course online information and retrieval has been a very informative.  The challenge of creating a blog alone has been a great learning ...