Tuesday, September 11, 2018

SPIN - Database of Funding Opportunities -- Module 2



I selected SPIN database because I was able to find a grant for media literacy from the Media Literacy Educator Exchange.  Many of the results I found on both sites pertained to health literacy or language literacy.  The grant I found is for a 10-day group exchange program which will allow discussion regarding teaching media literacy skills to youth. Narrowing my search to include information literacy and social media allowed me to come up with the result for the grant that matches my topic.  The grant did appear in the broad search as well but it was at the top of the search when I narrowed the search to a more specific topic. 
Results from a broad search for information literacy.

I like that the database has the ability to save searches and bookmark items. I can see how this will be very helpful to someone seeking grants.

I found SPIN to be a bit more user friendly and Grants.gov to be slightly overwhelming visually.  When I first pulled up the site my first thought was where do I begin.  
Results from a narrowed search.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Information Retrieval -- Course Reflection

The course online information and retrieval has been a very informative.  The challenge of creating a blog alone has been a great learning ...